A Rare Glimpse

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Trying to sort out matters of the mind and heart

I got accepted to the Early Childhood Education programs at George Brown, Sheridan, and Seneca! Just waiting to hear from Sheridan on the one year intensive program. So why am I not happy, I ask myself. My mind tells me to go back to school in September and do ECE, since it is something I've been really wanting to do, and it would make me "officially qualified" to work with children. My heart tells me to take a break, work, continue to develop deeper relationships with people, and stay in Kingston. There will be the opportunity to do ECE if the timing is right. If I had nothing to hold me back, I would do what my heart told me to do. But for some reason, I feel the need to analyze the whole situation, or maybe overanalyze would be the better word. I keep switching between the two possibilities every other day.'

As I read this article by John Thomas (But the Lord Establishes His Steps), I was startled by how I could identify with the author's struggle to do what God had planned for him. Mind you, my heart plans are not exactly as clear as the author's example...yet. But my mind and heart have been saying, no, arguing, over some of the exact same things as in the article...be practical; be adventurous; play it safe; be courageous!

So, if you could partner with me in prayer, that God "would give me the courage to always choose His adventurous journey over my practical plans". God gave me a passion for working with children and families for a reason. Now if only I could just be patient as He reveals His next step for me in His perfect timing.